Our Studio Loft Apartment


From November 12, 2014

I am absolutely in love with Greg and I's new place. This photo was actually taken by our landlord and is actually on the website for everyone to view. 

It's called the "Newen Dairy Lofts" and actually used to be on old dairy factory. Hense the name "Dairy". 
From November 12, 2014
I love the brick wall. And as you can see, there are old barn doors that they left for an old rustic look. It's the greatest thing ever. I love when people come over; they always ask, "do these open?" UH NO! They're just for looks, but it definitely looks like there could be something hidden behind the walls. I wish! Because that would mean it's bigger in size. This loft is 1000 square feet. It looked SO tiny when we first walked in.
You literally walked in when it was empty and it was just like a giant square. I felt like a hamster in a cage. 
However, once we started getting our pretty large sized furniture in, it just brought out how big the place actually was!
From November 12, 2014
Here's a photo of my sweet Gregory in front of the wall decal outside of our room in the hallway.

And below are just a few more pictures to give you a better look at the rest of our lovely abode 

From November 12, 2014
You're probably wondering where our bathroom is.. It's actually right next to our kitchen.. In the photo above, you can see a door right next to our fridge; that's the bathroom!
The one thing I wasn't very excited about is that there is no storage! We have ONE closet.. but it is giant. So it works out.
In the photo below, right behind the couch are these giant panels the landlord gave us. We use those to block off the bed. So there is no privacy at all, but Greg and I don't mind. I guess it depends if you have people stay the night often or not.


From November 12, 2014

So that's about it! 
These are located in Des Moines, Iowa by the way. So if anyone is looking for a place to live, there are a few openings. 
They are located on University right by Drake University. It's not considered the safest area I'll have to admit. However, you have your own parking lot in the back, which is safe. The door to get into the actual building is always locked. And there is a coffee shop called "Mars Cafe" one door down! The only bad thing for me.. no dogs allowed. I really want to get a pup. I guess that'll just have to wait. 

Thank you guys for stopping by!
xoxo


6 comments:

  1. I would love to live in an apartment like that! Unfortunately Iowa is a little to far from home... ;)

    theoslogirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could find something in your location! I've lived in Des Moines all my life and I never even knew this place existed! Good luck though, and thank you so much!
      :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! So cozy and stylish! Love it!

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive