New York City

The most beautiful place in the world! Just look at it.
To the right was the Brooklyn Bridge spanning over the East River.

Right After this picture was taken my fiance Greg and my future in-laws, Kev and Liz, went for some ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. It was delicious! It was freezing that day, but we didn't care!




This is the second time I have ever been to New York. Within' two months! So it has definitely been a great year. I've been with my fiance for almost six years and I have been blessed to be apart of his awesome family. Both of his parents are from New York. His mother from Malverne and his father from Bethpage/Long Island. This specific trip was to visit his grandparents. The mother and father of his dad. 

Marty and Jerri live in a tiny little house in Bethpage. Surprisingly not a ton to do in that area. However we did get some great New York pizza (and yes I folded it) and some great pastries. I can still taste them! Yummmmmmm




This photo above was the first time coming to New York. The first night upon arrival, Greg, myself, his brother, and his brother's fiance got to spend time by ourselves and explore Time Square. It was just like in the movies.

It was even better at night. All the lights and the commotion. I am so into that. So many people say "I could never live here. I love visiting but could never live here." I could SO live here. There are endless places to go and things to do. You see some of the craziest things too. 
Walking around that day in the freezing cold we saw a butt naked lady walking down the street. She was on a mission, that's for sure. 

This is a view of the World Trade Tower or "Freedom Tower". The tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere and fourth tallest in the world. It was so pretty and influential. We went to the National September 11 Memorial and Museum. I advise everyone visiting to go and take a look. It's definitely worth seeing. If I remember correctly it was $25 a person to get in. September 11th was such a devastating time and you can definitely feel an emotional connection when you are there. It was so sad walking through and hearing the voicemails of loved ones sending their love and saying their goodbyes as they were flying towards the twin towers. There is a room dedicated to all the people who lost their lives that day and pictures of every single one.. too many. 



  Little Italy


       Brooklyn Bridge


On the front steps of 190 Bowery. Greg was so excited about this. There was a guy
passed out on the ground to the right of this picture. Poor thing.
Did I mention how freezing it was the whole week! We had to stop at American Apparel 
and get a $20 hat... which for me is a lot, but I didn't care! I was so cold.
Greg is the shopaholic in the relationship. As you see, he has 3 bags and I have... none. 
He HAD to stop at Supreme, Kith, and Mishka. Some of his favorite places.

I however, really needed mascara. So I spent a decent amount of money on a mascara at Mac
it was $25 dollars. I was so excited because I buy so much cheap stuff that never works.
Anyway, we went to Juniors Diner for some lunch. I had the most delicious reuben I've ever
had. We finished up and got into a cab to get to Harlem. I'm looking around and I'm not seeing
my Mac bag.... I left it at the diner. I was so mad!!! Mostly sad. I never spend money on myself, 
so go figure that had to happen! So I ended up going to Sephora and getting a different mascara by 
Benefits. Lets just say, I really want to re purchase the Mac Mascara. 

Moving on..


They took us to Jones Beach. It was so beautiful. 
If there is one thing I could never get tired of, it would be walking up and down on a beach 
looking for shells and walking around in the water. I absolutely love it!











Right after the picture in the upper left was taken, I feel down that 2 foot sand dune  

All in all, New York is the most wonderful place! We had such a great time. There is never ending things to do. So excited that I'm marrying into a family that is from there. I definitely sense more trips in our future.
Thank you all so much for stopping by and for reading! If you have a second, please tell me what your favorite things to do in New York are!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive