New York Cont.

                                                                                Washington Square Park

The hotel we stayed in was called The Gem Hotel. Located in the Chelsea Market area. It was super nice when you first walked into the lobby. Very modern. We got to our room and just bursted out laughing. It literally was so tiny. Like 10x10 tiny. Super cute but was definitely lacking on size. My fiance's dad was pretty bummed out. We weren't in the room often anyway so it was okay. I didn't mind it! The bathroom was really nice. And they had cool soap! 



-Da Gennaro on Mulberry in Little Italy-
I wish I could remember the name of this dish. Obviously just from looking at it, you can see, I had some clams with linguine. The italian name was cooler though. And it was so DELICIOUS. 
I love real italian places like this because they don't disappoint when it comes to portion size. 
I feel like if I ordered this in Iowa, it would obviously not be fresh clams, and I would get like two or three of them. I was so surprised to see there were actually more clams out of the shell, mixed in with the pasta. It was so good. I ate the entire thing and I'm not ashamed one bit.

It's so crazy, there are so many restaurants, that the owners will stand outside all night flagging people down, trying to get people to come inside and eat. One guy even started yelling "four glasses of wine get the fifth free!" I almost took him on for that one.  


Sorry, this picture isn't the best! See those two little ants under the sign? That's us!!


            This was on St. Patty's day. No green beer, but I'll drink anything. However, Greg did have                          an Irish Car Bomb. It did not look very appetizing.. as it curdled. BLEH
                       Thank you all so much for stopping! What did you do for St. Patty's day??

xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive