Seared Ahi Tuna



Ahi Tuna I can say is my favorite food. I have been on a tuna kick for the last month and have eaten it 4 days in a row. I crave it! It's super easy and quick. It just melts in your mouth.



Depending on how pink in the middle you like it, the longer you cook it. 
Heat up a pan on medium-high heat with some olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add in the tuna.
Be careful, the oil will splatter. You can salt and pepper or marinate the tuna before hand as well. I don't always, but it's up to you!

As you can see, I like it really pink in the middle. So I only cook it for probably 1 minute on each side. You can see it change color so you can just eyeball it versus actually timing it.
But it literally takes less than 5 minutes! It's so fast.
Then you can just pair it with other healthy sides, like asparagus and some couscous.
mmmmm, I'm getting so hungry thinking about it. This is a perfect quick meal for after a hard workout. It's very satisfying and filling.
For sauces, my favorite thing to do is mix stone ground honey mustard with soy sauce!
And how can you eat tuna without spicy mayo?! You can buy it in store or just mix sriracha and mayonnaise.



I usually buy my Tuna at Hyvee in the fresh seafood section. They aren't too expensive either. About $9.99 a pound. A pound of tuna is quite a bit! I've bought a nice chunk for $8 and cut it in half. It was enough for two dinners for me. I've wanting to try the tuna at Whole Foods, but it's so expensive! It was like $23 for a pound. However, it's organic and super fresh. I bet it's so good.

I hope you guys give it a try! Even if you're not seafood lovers. I know for a lot of people, raw fish isn't their cup of tea, but I promise, this is melt in your mouth deliciousness.

Thank you for stopping!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive